Thursday, October 21, 2010

Welcome To My New Blog

The very first post! Wow!

I recently took a trip to Salem, Massachusetts (yes, that Salem,) and discovered I have a hidden love for gravestone designs. This new found passion has taken up tons of space on my hard drive, but I'd love to share it with you.

This blog will be mostly photos with background information. I'm still feeling out this blog, so hopefully, it will grow over time.

If you notice that most of the photos lack names and dates, there is a reason for this; out of respect for relatives perhaps still alive. I hope you'll enjoy the designs anyway.

On to the very first pictures of this blog... In honor of my first post, I'm posting photos of Salem, the place that ignited this hobby.


The flying skull motif is quickly becoming one of my favorites. I've found endless examples of them and there seems to be no end to variations in this theme.


I believe this one has an angel with a setting sun design. To my understanding, at least three persons are within this tomb.





More variations of the flying skull theme.


I just liked this last picture. The grave to the left struck me as kind of lonely.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! cool Jessica! i have ALWAYS loved Gravestones!! there were lots of graveyards in PA,..now that i think of it alot more than anywhere else i ever lived, which doesn't make sense...but i love the designs too!!

    ReplyDelete